This two-day workshop gives an intensive overview of the skills needed and resources available for critical appraisal, and will provide ideas on how these can be used on return to the workplace.
At the end of the course you will:
- Understand the importance and characteristics of critical appraisal
- Be aware of a range of tools for assisting in critical appraisal in healthcare
- Be aware of a range of products based upon critical appraisal in healthcare
- Understand the basic steps involved in appraising a randomized controlled trial and have worked through an example as a group exercise
- Understand the basic steps involved in appraising a systematic review and have worked through an example as a group exercise
- Have been given some basic tips for taking the skills learned back to your workplace.
United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust,
Library and Knowledge Services, Professional Library,
Lincoln County Hospital, Greetwell Road, Lincoln. LN2 5QY