Module 1: 17/03/2020
Practical Statistics 1
- To understand the different types of data (e.g. nominal, ordinal, numeric) and the different types of summary statistics that can be used for each data type.
- To understand the normal distribution, highlighting its importance in statistics, and statistical inference in particular.
- To provide an introduction to the two types of statistical inference
hypothesis testing and P-value
estimation and confidence intervals
- To assess the relative merit of p-values and confidence intervals.
- To discuss statistical power, Type I and Type II errors